Small Business Saturday UK, the annual celebration of small businesses returns on Saturday 3rd December, the busiest shopping day of the year. The campaign that puts small, independent businesses into the national spotlight, took to the road again with a nationwide promotional bus tour to raise the profile of the campaign and the day itself. We were delighted to support the bus tour by hosting it in St Peter’s Square on November 3rd.
Manchester Youth Market businesses Harris Couture and Bottle Candle Co came along to talk to other young budding entrepreneurs about the support provided by the Manchester Youth Market programme. Other partners such as the Business Growth Hub, PeoplePlus, Virgin Start Up Loans and the Business and Intellectual Property Centre all came along to promote their services to small businesses.
The day saw an array of different workshops taking place on the bus such as hand shaking workshop and a wine tasting workshop!
Small Business Saturday itself take place on Saturday 3rd December and it aims to celebrates small businesses and the value they add to the character of the local community. It also highlights small business success and encourages consumers to ‘shop local’ and support small businesses in their communities, in the run-up to the festive season and beyond.
How can Manchester’s small businesses get involved?
If you are a family or online business, local shop, wholesaler or small manufacturer, help make Small Business Saturday a great day for everyone. In the run-up to the festive season, small businesses can participate in a range of ways:
- Make Christmas shopping easier for consumers by suggesting unique Christmas gift ideas
- Offer special promotions, offers or discounts on Small Business Saturday
- Share handy hints on how to make the festive season special
- Promote local restaurants and bars as places to eat and socialise during the festive season
- Put on special events or activities to encourage more footfall.
- Share above activities on Twitter using the #SmallBizSatMCR hashtag to reach a wide audience locally and across Manchester
See what other Manchester businesses are doing to support the Small Business Saturday campaign in Manchester by searching #SmallBizSatMCR in Twitter or go to manchester.gov.uk/smallbizsat
Check out Manchester Youth Market business, Harris Couture who is this years face of Small Business Saturday in Manchester!